Jun 18, 2009

I will never do a film for money: Katrina



Petite Bollywood star Katrina Kaif said that she will never do a film for money.
The 24-year-old actress, whose earnings support her family of seven sisters, said there are times when she feels that she needs the money being offered to do a particular film.

"I am in a panic situation. But, If I succumb to such pressures, I know the audience will not respect me," Katrina said.

Looking back at her career, she said she considers her journey so far as a learning experience.

"So far, I went through a learning phase having learnt discipline from my co-stars Akshay Kumar, Govinda, Salman. They have helped me to strengthen my fundamentals," she said.

"But if you stagnate, the growth is over. I have done many comedy films. Success of films like Partner, Singh is Kinng gets you to a very wide audience reach. But for greater gains, you need to take greater gambles. If it works, you get respect and recognition," the young actress felt.

Katrina is highly optimistic of her upcoming film 'New York' releasing on June 26.

"I saw the real me in the film. When I first asked director Kabir Khan about my character, he told me that Maya is like every girl... She is you without make up and costumes. I realised that he was telling me to be myself in the film," Katrina recalled.

No comments:

Post a Comment